Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LUCKY CHARM BARS

HIIII EVERYONE :)
SO I WAS CLEANING OUT MY PANTRY AND CAME ACROSS SOME LUCKY CHARMS CEREAL. I HARDLY EVER EAT CERIAL, AND THERE ARE NO KIDS IN MY HOUSE SO I WAS LOOKING INTO SOME RECIPES TO USE UP THE CEREAL BEFORE IT WENT STALE. EARLIER IN THE DAY I WAS AT TARGET AND PICKED UP SOME BAGS OF MARSHMALLOWS THAT WERE ON SALE FOR ONLY .75 CENTS! I GRABBED A FEW BAGS, OF COURSE.

ANYWAYS, I FOUND A RECIPE FOR SOME LUCKY CHARM CEREAL BARS. WHATS BETTER THEN LUCKY CHARMS, MELTED MARSHMALLOWS & CHOCOLATE?

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO NEED...

5 CUPS OF LUCKY CHARMS (OR ANY OTHER CEREAL, BE CREATIVE!)
2 1/2 CUPS OF MARSHMALLOWS (I USED 3 CUPS, JUST BECAUSE I LIKE MINE A LITTLE MORE GOOEY)
2 TABLESPOONS OF BUTTER
WILTON CHOCOLATE MELTS (YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR)
SPRINKLES

YOU CAN USE ANY PAN OF YOUR CHOICE. DEPENDING ON HOW THICK YOU WANT YOUR BARS. MAKE SURE TO BUTTER YOUR PAN VERY, VERY WELL. 
BUTTER YOUR MIXING BOWL, YOUR BOWL THAT CONTAINS THE MARSHMALLOWS & YOUR MIXING SPOON AS WELL. 

MELT YOUR MARSHMALLOWS AND BUTTER IN THE MICROWAVE. STIR AT EVERY 15 SECONDS UNTIL COMPLETELY MELTED. MEANWHILE, MEASURE OUT 5 CUPS OF YOUR CEREAL AND POUR INTO YOUR MIXING BOWL. 

NOW POOR THE MELTED MARSHMALLOWS INTO THE CEREAL.... & MIX TOGETHER


ONCE IT'S ALL MIXED TOGETHER, POOR IT INTO YOUR BUTTERED PAN. YOU CAN USE YOUR SPOON TO PRESS THE MIXTURE DOWN INTO THE PAN... OR RUB BUTTER ON YOUR (CLEAN) HANDS AND USE YOUR HANDS INSTEAD :)



ONCE YOUR MIXTURE HAS COOLED, YOU CAN MELT YOUR CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE & DRIZZLE IT ON TOP OF THE BAR MIXTURE. THEN ADD SOME PRETTY LITTLE SPRINKLES OF YOUR CHOICE. 

PULL THEM OUT WHEN YOU'RE READY, CUT THEM INTO BARS HOWEVER YOU'D LIKE.


I SET A COUPLE ON THE KITCHEN TABLE FOR MY FIANCE, AND THE OTHERS I WRAPPED UP FOR MY GIRLS AT WORK. (SORRY ABOUT THE HORRIBLE PICTURE QUALITY ON THIS LAST PICTURE)

A SIMPLE AND EASY BUT DELICIOUS RECIPE! PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED, AND HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF THE WEEK. 

I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK WHEN I CAN :)

CUPCAKE.XO

No comments:

Post a Comment