Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SUGAR DROP COOKIES

THIS IS A SPECIAL RECIPE THAT I REALLY WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS. IT'S JUST A SIMPLE (REALLY SIMPLE) BUT DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPE FROM MY GRANDMA. WE USED TO ALWAYS MAKE IT TOGETHER WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. THE RECIPE CROSSED MY MIND THE OTHER DAY, SO I DECIDED TO CALL HER AND ASK ABOUT THE RECIPE SO I COULD MAKE IT AGAIN. HERE IT IS... 


YOU'RE GOING TO NEED -
2 EGGS
2/3 CUP OF OIL
2 TSP OF VANILLA
1 TSP LEMON ZEST
3/4 CUP OF SUGAR
2 CUPS FLOUR (SIFTED)
2 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/2 TSP SALT


1/4 CUP OF SUGAR
1/4 CUP OF OIL
















HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 400. BEAT YOUR EGGS, THEN ADD YOUR VANILLA, OIL & LEMON ZEST.
















ADD THE SUGAR AND MIX. SIFT THE FLOUR, SALT, AND BAKING POWDER. ADD TO EGG MIXTURE. 

















I REALLY, REALLY LIKE TO POST STEP BY STEP PICTURES. I KNOW IT MAKES THINGS EASIER FOR ME WHEN IM MAKING A NEW RECIPE. OKAY ANYWAYS, MEASURE THE OIL AND SUGAR OUT INTO SEPARATE BOWLS. DROP ABOUT 1 TSP OF COOKIE DOUGH ONTO AN UN GREASED BAKING SHEET, ABOUT 2 INCHES APART. DIP A FLAT BOTTOM CUP INTO THE OIL AND THEN INTO THE SUGAR AND PRESS DOWN ON EACH DROP OF DOUGH. MAKE SURE NOT TO PRESS TOO HARD, YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE THE COOKIES TOO THIN.



















YOU CAN EITHER DECORATE THEM WITH CUTE SPRINKLES, OR DUST THEM WITH SOME SUGAR ON TOP. I MADE A FEW OF EACH. BAKE THEM AT 400 DEGREES FOR 8-10 MINUTES. I TOOK MINE OUT AT EXACTLY 8 MINUTES FOR A CHEWY, SOFT MIDDLE.

















I EVEN HAD A CUTE LITTLE HELPER TODAY IN THE KITCHEN. (PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I AM A DIE HARD ANGELS FAN, AND ONLY PUT HER IN THIS SHIRT BECAUSE OF MY FIANCE)
















IM OFF TO THE KITCHEN AGAIN TO GET STARTED ON A HALLOWEEN CAKE!
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE, I WILL UPDATE TOMORROW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment